1) My main goal for 2013 was: to PR in my a half marathon and the ten miler (to get a good corral for the 2014 WDW marathon!) I PR'd the ten miler at the Evergreen Pumpkin 10 Miler and the half marathon at the Space Coast Half Marathon (I haven't written my recap yet)
Evergreen Pumpkin 10 Miler
Space Coast Half Marathon
2) My Running Shoes: I started with Brooks Ravennas, which I loved but when it came time for a new pair, they had narrowed the toe box. Then I got the Saucony Guide 6. I loved them too except the heel toe drop was too low and they gave me Achilles problems. So they put me in Brooks Ghosts except they were neutral shoes and I wore them for one race and got knee problems (so I used the Saucony again until the heel problem kicked in again). Then they put me in Brooks Adrenaline 14 which gave me ankle problems because they're stability shoes. So now I'm in Asics 2000-2. Let's hope this works!!
3)Favorite running gear item of 2013: My Garmin Forerunner 10. I love constantly looking at my watch to do the math to try to figure out when I am going to finish a run.
5) Number of Races: 28
Break it down:
1 miler: 1 (Tour de Pain 1 Mile Sizzler)
5ks:12 (Dick Batchelor Run for the Children 5k, Lady Footlocker 5k, Color Me Rad 5k, Castaway Cay 5k, Dawn Brancheau Dream Big 5k, Run in the Garden 5k, Expedition Everest, Hilton Head Firecracker 5000, Splash N Dash, Tour de Pain 5k, Drenched 5k, Gridiron 5k)
6k: 1 (Subaru Distance Classic 6k)
4 miler: 1 (Tour de Pain 4 miler)
10ks: 3 (Winter Garden 10k, Winter Park Road Race 10k, Dumbo Double Dare Disneyland 10k)
15k: 2 (Gate River Run, Miracle Miles 15k)
10 miler: 2 (Tower of Terror 10 Miler, Evergreen Pumpkin 10 Miler)
Half Marathons: 6 (Disney's Marathon Weekend Half Marathon, Princess Half Marathon, Dumbo Double Dare Disneyland Half Marathon, chORD Half Marathon, Wine and Dine Half Marathon, Space Coast Half Marathon)
6) Most Difficult Race and Why: I'm not really sure. Maybe a tie between the Gate River Run (because of the two huge bridges, one right at the end) and the Tour de Pain 1 mile Sizzler because I ran the whole thing as fast I could without stopping.
7) Favorite Fun Run: Castaway Cay 5k. It was so much fun to run on the island!
8) Favorite Course: Wow--this is really hard. I love all of the Walt Disney World ones because of running through the parks. I can't pick just one!
9) Race I want to do again next year: Well, I'm already signed up for Princess and the Gate River Run again. Might possibly do the Dick Batchelor, Lady Footlocker, Dawn Brancheau, and Winter Garden 10k. The rest will depend on when we decide to start a family.
10) Best Bling: I love my Princess Half Marathon medal
5k: Hilton Head Firecracker 5000: 29:44
10k: Winter Garden 10k: 1:08:20
15k: Gate River Run: 1:41:42
10 Miler: Evergreen Pumpkin 10 Miler: 1:43:38
Half Marathon: Space Coast Half Marathon: 2:21:38
12) Longest run: 19 miles to prepare for the Walt Disney World Marathon
13) Out of State runs: Castaway Cay 5k, Hilton Head Firecracker 5000 and the Dumbo Double Dare (Disneyland 10k and Disneyland Half Marathon)
14) Total miles ran: 642.50
15) Favorite motivational/inspirational quote of 2013: I don't have one so I'll just use my mantra "Just keep running. Just keep running." Said like in Finding Nemo.
16) Lessons I've Learned: Nothing new on race day!!
17) Injuries I battled and overcame: Achilles issues. I am currently batting a knee issue and an ankle (possibly stress fracture) injury.
18) 3-5 Most inspiring people: List their blog, twitter, instagram- wherever you follow them"
Kristin from A Mom on the Run
Justin from Always Running Forward
Meghann from Meals and Miles
19) Favorite place on social media to connect with runners: Definitely twitter! I have gotten so much great advice from the Twitter running community!
20) 2 goals for the next year: Finish the Walt Disney World Marathon and get another PR in a half marathon
How would you answer these questions?
So fun! I might have to steal this tomorrow! I am looking forward to running with you again in the future, and to a wonderful New Year! Happy 2014 and keep up the awesome work!ReplyDelete
Feel free (if you didn't already!) Yes, we definitely need to run together again (maybe at Gate River Run?!?!?)Delete
Hope you got the shoes figured out! Happy New Year!ReplyDelete
I bought some new ones--won't know if they're good til the marathon. Gulp!Delete
Wow - 28 races this year! Way to go! Here's to an even greater 2014 for you!ReplyDelete
I know! I keep track of all my races in one big list so I had no idea that I had done that many until this post!Delete
You had a great running year Andrea! I agree, my Garmin was definitely the best piece of running gear I received in 2013!ReplyDelete
I love my Garmin! I am slightly addicted at looking at it during runs!Delete
I'm going to have to do this later today, love htis idea!ReplyDelete
I love the Princess bling--I cannot wait for the 3 medals for this years Glass Slipper Challenge!! I hate trying to find good running shoes!ReplyDelete
Looks like you had a great year!! Hears to another great year! I look forward to hearing all about your running adventures this year!ReplyDelete
Thanks for reading along!Delete