Family Favorite Beef & Noodles
~2 lbs ground beef
~1 tablespoon margarine
~ 15-oz can tomato sauce
~ 2 cloves garlic, minced
~ 1 teaspoon sugar
~ 1 teaspoon salt
~ 1 teaspoon pepper
~ 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
~ 8 oz container sour cream
~ 3 cups fettuccine pasta, uncooked
~ 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1) Brown ground beef in margarine in a skillet; drain.
2) Add tomato sauce, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper.
3) Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4) In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with fork until fluff; stir in sour cream. Set aside.
5) Cook fettuccine according to package instructions.
6) Layer ingredients as follows in a greased 13x9 baking pan: beef mixture, cooked fettuccine, cream cheese mixture, cheddar cheese.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes of until bubbly.
I always serve this with a Pillsbury crescent roll. Perfect for dipping the sauce. The hubby really likes this one and goes back for more. And while I don't like tomato sauce, there's only a little so I enjoy it too.