Yesterday I made a Publix Aprons Recipe (I always love these...they're pretty simple and quick to make.) I've made this one before
Country Fried Steak, Southern Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes
Country Fried Steak:
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 cup egg substitute (or 2 large eggs, beaten)
2/3 cup plain bread crumbs
4 cubed steaks (about 1 1/2 lb)
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 packet sausage gravy mix (about 2 1/2 oz)
1 (12-oz) can evaporated milk
1 cup water
Southern Green Beans:
12 oz fresh green beans
2 cups water
1 tablespoon cooked bacon pieces
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
24 oz container of mashed potatoes.
Country Fried Steak
- Combine flour and seasoned salt in shallow bowl. Place eggs in second bowl and bread crumbs in third bowl. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 1–2 minutes.
- Dredge each steak in flour. Dip into eggs; let excess drip off. Dredge in bread crumbs (wash hands). Place oil in pan and then add steaks; cook 3–4 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- Stir in gravy mix and gradually add milk and water, stirring continually, until gravy is smooth. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2–3 minutes until hot. Serve gravy over steaks.
- Bring beans and water to a boil on high; cook and stir 7 minutes or until beans begin to soften.
- Drain; stir in remaining ingredients and cover. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 8–10 minutes or until tender. Serve
It didn't look too far off from the Publix picture and was really yummy! This one is staying in my recipe box.
Tonight I made this one from The Crockin' Girls
Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 1/2 to 2 Pounds Chicken Breast, trimmed (can be frozen)
- 1 Can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Campbell's Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 Can Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Soup
- 2 Cans Rotel Tomatoes W/Cilantro & Lime Juice (or any rotel tomatoes will work)
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- shredded cheddar cheese and corn tortilla chips for topping
1) Combine all ingredients except the chicken breast, shredded cheddar, and corn tortilla chips in crockpot and mix well.
2) Add chicken breast. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
3)Once chicken breast is done remove and shred it with a fork, return it to the slow cooker and stir.
4)Dish soup into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese, crushed corn tortilla chips and fresh chopped tomato and enjoy!
Here's a before picture:
I do have to admit that this is very spicy. I tasted it 3/4 of the way through cooking and it was too spicy so I added another can of cream of chicken soup. This helped some. But halfway through eating it, I added a spoonful of sour cream. This really helped. Kory really enjoyed it and went back for seconds!