- I love Raw Threads. I can't even tell you how many items I have by them. I think its 2 skirts and 12ish shirts? They're just too cute!
- When I'm running, I have to have a Sweaty Band in my hair. They're adorable and keep my frizziness away!
- On my feet, I have to be wearing Brooks running shoes. These are so comfy!
- And I love my Beecause Charms. I have 5 (and need to get a 6th to make it even!) I have a Gator one, a Cinderella carriage one, a princess running shoe one, the words "live, love, laugh", and a picture of my puppy, Bella.
A few random facts:
- I prefer running in skirts. Back when we signed up for our first 5k, the Princess one, Cori wasn't thrilled that I wanted her to wear a tiara. But she did it. And she found a running skirt that she loved but I just didn't understand the idea of wearing a skirt while running. But since we wanted to dress alike and she was wearing a tiara for me, I wore a skirt for her. And loved it! Not only is it cute but its functional!
- On my long runs, I always have to drink chocolate Zico water before the race, take a gel about 45 mins in, Gu Peach Tea Chomps about 1:30 in and finish with a Stinger Waffle at about 2:15.
- I've had 2 injuries. Back when I first started running, I got shin splints. But I rested, got fitted for real running shoes (my love for Brooks started) and they went away. Then this past fall, I ran 16 miles and hurt my knee. It never went away and was pretty severe so I saw a doctor and went to physical therapy. They thought I had ITBand syndrome but I disagreed with them (I could roll my ITBand all day and it never hurt) and finally they figured out that I had Fibular Head Tendonitis. Since then, no knee pain! But I've learned to ice, stretch, wear calf compression sleeves, and foam roll!
- I used to say that I wouldn't run if a bear was chasing me, much less run a 5k. Then it turned into that I had no interested in running a Half. Then no interest in running a Full. And now, well that Full doesn't seem so terrible!
- I love getting new outfits for races. And I'm one of the people who do what they say not to: I don't try out my new outfit before a race. So far, I haven't had any issues. Let's hope that doesn't come back to bite me!